Singapore Host's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
Utilize the Services to send unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet (known as “spam” or “spamming”). It is not only harmful because of its negative impact on consumer attitudes toward Singapore Host, but also because it can overload Singapore Host’s network and disrupt service to its Users subscribers. Irrespective of whether an email campaign constitutes spamming as defined herein, Singapore Host allows a maximum of 500 emails per hour to be sent from any hosting account. Maintaining an open SMTP relay is prohibited. Any direct action, configuration, or setting that causes excessive outbound e-mail traffic is subject to review and possible action. When a complaint is received, Singapore Host has the absolute and sole discretion to determine from all of the evidence whether the e-mail recipients were from an “opt-in” e-mail list, or whether the outbound e-mail traffic generated from an account is suitable for a shared hosting environment.
Utilize the Services in connection with any illegal activity or activity otherwise prohibited by this AUP. Without limiting the general application of this rule, Users may not:
Utilize the Services for or in connection with any activities or content determined by Singapore Host, in its sole discretion, to be related to gambling, adult, obscene or pornographic materials or content, harassment, defamation, libel and hate speech or other offensive speech or content, or for any unlawful purpose, including without limitation, fraud, money laundering, child pornography, terrorist-related activities, activities in violation of Singapore export or import laws, any executive orders, or any rules, regulations, infringement on rights of others, trafficking in illegal drugs, or any products or services that are prohibited under applicable law, or which Singapore Host determines to be controversial or disruptive to the operations of Singapore Host or any other User or third party;
- Utilize the Services to copy material from third parties (including text, graphics, music, videos or other copyrightable material) without proper authorization;
- Utilize the Services to misappropriate or infringe the patents, copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party;
- Utilize the Services to Forge or misrepresent message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message; or
- Utilize the Services in any manner that violates applicable law.
Utilize the Services in connection with any tortious or actionable activity. Without limiting the general application of this rule, Users and Users may not:
- Utilize the Services to publish or disseminate information that (A) constitutes slander, libel or defamation, (B) publicizes the personal information or likeness of a person without that person’s consent or (C) otherwise violates the privacy rights of any person. Utilize the Services to threaten persons with bodily harm, to make harassing or abusive statements or messages, or to solicit the performance of acts or services that are illegal under applicable law.
- Utilize the Services in connection with any other disruptive, controversial or abusive activity, as determined by Singapore Host in its sole discretion. Without limiting the general application of this rule, Users may not:
- Utilize the Services to cause denial of service attacks against Singapore Host or other network hosts or Internet users or to otherwise degrade or impair the operation of Singapore Host’s servers and facilities or the servers and facilities of other network hosts or Internet users; or
- Post messages or software programs that consume excessive CPU time; or
- Utilize the Services to offer mail services, mail forwarding capabilities, POP accounts or auto responders other than for the User’s own account; or
- Resell or allow access to or use of, any of our Services except as and only to the extent permitted in one of our authorized Reseller programs. Further, by way of expansion and not by limitation, you may not store files or other data of third parties on our servers; or
- Utilize the Services to subvert, or assist others in subverting, the security or integrity of any Singapore Host systems, facilities or equipment; or
- Utilize the Services to gain unauthorized access to the computer networks of Singapore Host or any other person; or
- Utilize the Services to provide passwords or access codes to persons not authorized to receive such materials by the operator of the system requiring the password or access code; or
- Utilize the Services to (A) forge the signature or other identifying mark or code of any other person, (B) impersonate or assume the identity or any other person, or (C) engage in any other activity (including “spoofing”) to attempt to deceive or mislead other persons regarding the true identity of the User (excluding the use of anonymous re-mailers or Internet nicknames); or
- Utilize the Services to distribute or post any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or computer code intended to disrupt services, destroy data, destroy or damage equipment, or disrupt the operation of the Services; or
- Utilize the Services to conduct port scans or other invasive procedures against any server (except any server for which the User is an authorized system administrator); or
- Utilize the Services to distribute, advertise or promote software or services that have the primary purpose of encouraging or facilitating unsolicited commercial e-mail or Spam; or
- Utilize the Services to solicit or collect, or distribute, advertise or promote, e-mail address lists for the purpose of encouraging or facilitating unsolicited commercial e-mail or Spam; or
- Utilize the Services in any manner that might subject Singapore Host to unfavorable regulatory, law enforcement or other legal action, subject Singapore Host to any liability for any reason, or adversely affect Singapore Host’s public image, reputation or goodwill, including, without limitation, sending or distributing sexually explicit, hateful, vulgar, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable materials as determined by Singapore Host in its sole discretion;
- While on a shared hosting platform, utilize, operate, enable, execute, compile, upload or publicly store source code, executable code, programs, or software packages designed to perform tasks not directly associated with Web site/e-mail hosting, including, without limitation, (A) directly opening any listening port, (B) starting any ‘daemon’ process, (C) performing local/remote security scans, (D) simulating local shell/OS access by means of a tunneled/encapsulated connection to a remote host, (E) circumventing firewall restrictions, (F) connecting to any IRC/Peer to Peer file sharing server/network, (G) providing ‘tracker’ services to ‘BitTorrent’ clients and/or (H) exploiting web browser vulnerabilities, as determined by Singapore Host in its sole discretion; or
- Attempt to attack, disrupt, or abuse the support- and contact-related mechanisms of Singapore Host, including, but not limited to, telephone lines, e-mail addresses, fax lines, bulletin boards or contact/signup forms; or
- Utilize the Services in any other manner to interrupt or interfere with the Internet usage of other persons.
Singapore Host expressly disclaims any obligation to and does not monitor its Users and other Users with respect to violations of this AUP. Singapore Host has no liability or responsibility for the actions of any of its Users or other Users or any content any User may post on any Web site.
Singapore Host encourages Users to report violations of this policy by e-mail to: email@example.com, including in any such report the name of the offending domain (for example, example.com) and the type of abuse (for example, Spam, illegal acts, harassment, etc.) in the “subject” field of the e-mail.
If Singapore Host learns of a violation of this AUP, Singapore Host will respond to the applicable User and may, in Singapore Host’s sole discretion, take any or all of the following actions, with or without notice as it deems necessary or appropriate in accordance with the severity and duration of the violation:
Customer acknowledges and accepts that the foregoing policies and procedures regarding transfer of ownership are the only way that notice(s) can be given and changes can be effected regarding said transfer of ownership within Singaporehost; and, further, that any other changes made directly by Customer or by others within the online records of Singaporehost or of its affiliates shall not be deemed effective to give notice to Singaporehost or its affiliates of any changes in said ownership.
Any actions that were taken by Singaporehost in any account, websites or domain ownerships transfers will incur an administrative fee of SGD25, for the administrative overhead for the investigative and administrative matters, and will be deemed due and payable immediately. The company follows a strict process of ownership transfers and would require all involved parties to cooperate with the set processes.
Singapore Host reserves the right to cooperate with and provide any and all User information and data to appropriate legal authorities in investigations or reporting of claims of illegal activity involving Singapore Host’s Services. Singapore Host reserves all other rights to respond to violations of this AUP to the extent of applicable law and in accordance with any applicable contractual obligations. Singapore Host may utilize technical means to monitor communications into, and out of, its network facilities to prevent the introduction of viruses or other hostile code, to prevent intrusions and otherwise to enforce this AUP and each User agrees that Singapore Host is authorized to monitor its communications through Singapore Host’s network for such purposes.