Frequently Asked Questions
- Will you place ads on my site?
- I already have a domain name registered with another registrar/hosting provider. Can I still use this domain with your hosting service?
- What type of servers do you use for hosting? Should I choose Linux or Windows?
- How do I sign up for a web hosting account? How long does it take for my account to be set up?
- I require a particular feature, does it come with your web hosting plan?
- I want a website but I don't know anything about creating one. What tools do you have to get me started?
- Do you have an uptime guarantee?
- Do I have to pay the full amount if I want to upgrade?
- Do I own the domain that I register with you?
- Do you offer 24 hour support?
- Can I get money back if I am not satisfied with your services?
- Where are your servers located?
- Can I access my website without putting "www." in front of the domain name?
- Can you host all types of domain name extensions?
- Will my website be accessible by visitors from outside Singapore?
- I am not located in Singapore, can I still sign up for your plans?
- What are the requirements for specific domain name extensions?
- Is the domain name really free for life?
1) Will you place ads on my site?
Singapore Host will never display any ads on your site. Of course, you are free to place your own ads to earn revenue from your site.
2) I am currently using another web hosting provider for my site, but now I want to switch to Singapore Host. What are my options?
There are 2 options for you to choose from.
1) You can either keep your domain at your current domain registrar while transferring only your hosting to us.
Simply choose "I will update my nameservers on an existing domain" when signing up for our hosting plan. It is simply a matter of updating the nameservers information to our nameservers at your domain registrar (where you registered the domain). If your domain registrar does not provide a control panel for you to update the nameservers, you will have to ask your domain registrar to change the nameservers for you. The nameservers you should update to are listed in the account information email you receive after signing up.
2) Alternatively you can transfer both the domain registration and hosting service to us.
For this option, please select "I want to transfer my domain to Singapore Host" during sign up. This will automatically renew your domain for an additional year, in other words if your domain is set to expire in December this year, its expiration date will be extended to December the following year. Note that this is a registrar transfer, not an ownership transfer.
3) What type of servers do you use for hosting? Should I choose Linux or Windows?
We exclusively use Linux for all our servers because of its widespread use, renowned stability, reliability and level of security. Linux powered 85% of the world's most powerful supercomputers, compared to Windows' 1.4%. Linux is most widely used hosting platform in the world.
One of the biggest misconceptions is that you have to select the same operating system for your hosting account that you use on your own computer. That is simply not true. This means you can select Linux for your hosting account even if you currently use Windows or Mac on your own computer. We strongly recommend everyone should host their websites on Linux whenever possible.
4) How do I sign up for a web hosting account? How long does it take for my account to be set up?
Opening a web hosting account with Singapore Host is a fast and easy process. All you need to do is spend a few minutes to fill in our order form and choose one of the payment methods. If you choose to pay with credit card/PayPal, your web hosting account will be created instantly. Within minutes, you will receive your account information email and will be ready to publish your website online with Singapore Host.
If you wish to pay by cheque, money order or bank transfer, your account will be set up within 1 to 2 working days upon receipt of payment. The speed of bank processing is one of the factors determining how fast your account will be activated.
5) I require a particular feature, does it come with your web hosting plan?
If the feature you require is not listed anywhere on our site, or if you are not sure whether a particular plan fits your needs, feel free to ask us.
6) I want a website but I don't know anything about creating one. What avenues are open to me?
All Singapore Host customers can run HTML or PHP-based websites without any issues. A professional web designer can work with you to create your own customised website that you can use on your web hosting plan.
Additionally, all Singapore Host accounts also come with Softaculous. With a few clicks of the mouse, you can instantly install any of 55+ scripts listed on our website even if you have limited experience in script installation. Add powerful features to your website easily.
7) Do you have an uptime guarantee?
All web hosting plans come with 99.99% uptime guarantee. This guarantee includes both network and server failures. If your site isn't up at least 99.99% in any one month we will issue a credit equivalent to 3 days' hosting fees for every hour that your website is unreachable due to an internal network or equipment failure. This is only the minimum uptime that we promise to you, 100% uptime at Singapore Host is very common due to our quality hardware and software, and of course our hardworking team.
8) Do I have to pay the full amount if I want to upgrade?
You may upgrade your web hosting plan anytime without paying the full amount. You will only need to pay the prorated difference. There are no extra charges.
9) Do I own the domain that I register with you?
Our customers always have full ownership of the domains that they register with us. Some of our customers have trouble transferring their domains to us because some shady hosting companies registered client's domain under the hosting company's name, and hold it hostage when their client want to leave. We are strongly against this type of practices.
10) Do you offer 24 hour support?
We have different work schedules for different departments. Our Sales and Billing departments work 8:00am - 6:00pm (GMT +8) Monday - Sunday. All sales and billing tickets will receive a response within 1 working day. We believe in putting more resources in serving our current clients, as a valued client of Singapore Host, you will enjoy real 24/7 technical support. Our Technical Support department works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We guarantee that all technical support tickets will be answered within 1 hour. Whether you require technical support during the day, at midnight or during the holidays, our Technical Support team is here to provide you with professional assistance at any time.
11) Can I get money back if I am not satisfied with your services?
Yes, we offer a 45 day money back guarantee. If you are not happy with our services in any way, you can request for a refund within 45 days of the sign up date. You will receive a full refund of hosting fees paid. Domain names are non-refundable, if you received a free domain during sign up the domain registration fee will be deducted from the refund amount. However as the owner of your domain, you are free to transfer the domain to another registrar. Refunds will be made by cheque or issued back to your credit card or PayPal account.
12) Where are your servers located?
All our servers are located in a quality Singapore data centre to deliver maximum speed, security and stability.
13) Can I access my website without putting "www." in front of the domain name?
Yes. With any Singapore Host plan you can access your site by going to "www.example.com" as well as "example.com". Many visitors will leave your website thinking that they have gone to the wrong site if they gets an error after typing the domain name without "www.". But with our web hosting you will never lose a single visitor because of this.
14) Can you host all types of domain name extensions?
Yes we can host any valid domain extension as long as you are able to change its DNS (Domain Name Servers) to the values we send you in your account information email. Some examples of popular domain name extensions we host include .com/.net/.org/.info/.biz/.sg/.com.sg/.net.sg/.org.sg/.edu.sg/.my/.com.my and many others.
15) Will my website be accessible by visitors from outside Singapore?
Yes, your website can be accessed by any person with an Internet connection anywhere around the world. Your potential is endless with over 1.5 billion people with Internet access worldwide.
16) I am not located in Singapore, can I still sign up for your plans?
Yes, we have many customers from outside Singapore. You will be able to use our services no matter where you are located.
17) What are the requirements for specific domain name extensions?
.com/.net/.org/.info/.biz - Available for anyone to register.
.sg - Applicable for all with a valid Singapore postal address. A foreign applicant may apply only if it has appointed a local agent with a valid Singapore postal address as the administrative contact.
.com.sg - Applicable for registered Singapore business entities. A foreign company may register only if it has a representative in Singapore.
.net.sg - Applicable only for network providers and info-com operators in Singapore which possess a valid license issued by the Info-Communications Development Authority.
.org.sg - Applicable only for organisations which are registered with the Registry of Societies and other non-profit organisations in Singapore.
.edu.sg - Applicable for educational institutions registered with Singapore's Ministry of Education.
.asia - At least one of the domain contacts must be located in one of the Asia-Pacific countries.
18) Is the domain name really free for life?
When you purchase any Singapore Host web hosting plan, any .com/.net/.org/.info/.biz domain name will be registered or transferred free of charge. The domain name is free for the life of hosting. This means that, for as long as your hosting account is active, we will pay your domain registration/renewal fees not only for the first year, but every year thereafter.
The offer is for a limited time only. Sign up today to lock in the offer.